Our lawyers >>
Managing Partner at Indigo Legal – Senior Legal Advisor
Patrick Michielsen is a senior legal advisor and has over 20 years of practitioner’s experience in all legal fields of technology law.
His combined expertise covers a broad spectrum of business industries such as information technology, telecommunications, aviation and aerospace; comprising general contract drafting, regulatory and dispute resolution work. His experience as a lawyer also includes advisory work in the field of information communication technology (ICT) law, including e-commerce, internet ventures, outsourcing, intellectual property (IP), privacy, data protection, new digital media and compliance for a wide range of clients. He has also assisted clients in deploying their activities in the area of satellite communications and other innovative technological applications.
‘Patrick has unique experience of providing innovative solutions within high tech industries’
Patrick has authored many legal articles on the aforementioned topics. For example, in April 2016 he authored the first comprehensive legal article about the Belgian legislation on space activities in the academic Air & Space Law Journal (Kluwer).
He frequently acts as a legal speaker/trainer in these domains at various legal and industry events.
Prior to co-founding InDiGo Legal, he worked for over more than a decade in “top tier 1” technology, media, telecommunications and aerospace departments of various major internationally oriented law firms in Brussels.
During various assignments on behalf of multinational high tech companies he also been acting as a legal advisor in complex technology contract drafting and negotiations in the aforementioned domains.
He speaks and writes fluently in English, Dutch and French. He is also proficient in German, Italian and Spanish.
Academic and professional background:
- Master in Laws at KULeuven, 1998 (with focus on ICT and IP law)
- Master in European Law (DES Droit européen: specialisation in business law with optional areas in air/aviation law and telecommunications law) at the Institut d’études européennes (Université Libre de Bruxelles), 1999
- Introduction to English Common Law, London School of Economics (LSE) (United Kingdom), 2002
- LLM module in space law, International Institute of Air & Space Law (Leiden University)(The Netherlands), 2006
- Brussels Bar admission (advocaat – avocat – attorney-at-law), since 1999
- Stibbe, international law firm, attorney in the commercial-IT-TMT departments, 2000-2004
- Bird & Bird, international law firm, senior attorney in the IT, Technology and aviation/aerospace departments, 2004-2012
- In-house counseling assignments in various high tech-companies, since 2001
- (Board) member of various European and Belgian technology (law) associations
OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
Thanks to our broad network of legal and industry business partners, we are able to benefit from the services provided by a pool of carefully pre-selected experienced lawyers and other professionals who share our mission and seamlessly blend into the value proposition of Indigo Legal. This pool can also cover particular client needs in other areas of law including foreign domestic law, corporate law, employment law and tax law.
Depending on the nature and the size of your specific project, we can propose to integrate one or more of lawyers into your project.
© INDIGO LEGAL – www.indigolegal.eu – Brussels (Belgium) – 2015 – 2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.